goGame Malaysia is looking for a smart, dynamic and active individual to take ownership of goGame finances in Malaysia in addition to preparation of internal reports. The ideal candidate will have exceptional knowledge of Malaysia’s tax and accounting environment, be confident in working independently and reporting to the Financial Controller based in goGame HQ, Singapore.
- Producing financial reports, doing budgeting, monitoring financial performance and maintaining reporting systems
- Responsible for month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing with both local team and outsource team to ensure Balance Sheet and P&L are reflected sufficiently and complied with internal controls – including month end closing, supporting schedule and necessary adjustment;
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly cost reporting (Monthly Management reports) to corporate office;
- Prepares local reports to the authorities (Statistic department…) and internal reports as required
- Maintain full set of accounts;
- Follow incoming financial transactions and Record keeping of financial expenses;
- Follow and Control cost data by center and projects;
- Control budget and cash flow to save cost and increase productivity;
- Monitor bank balance and petty cash;
- Be focal point to work with government bodies, auditors, tax authorities on annual tax assessment, GST/SST submission.
- Coordinate with internal auditor, external auditor/compliance team to review internal business control and explained the financial transactions;
- Manage Fixed Assets and Furniture, Office equipment:
- Quarterly physical count and assessment;
- Coordinate with HRM and IT Support to manage item supply requirement;
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation;
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups;
- You will be part of the admin team. In addition to finance tasks, you will be supporting the admin team in other administrative and operational tasks.
- Language: Proficient in English, Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia and strong in communication skills. -Degree in Accounting / LCCI or equivalent.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing principles including working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prefer working for IT industry and passion in IT background.
- High sense of responsibility, proactive, strategic thinker.
- Independent and a team player with attentive and cheerful personality.
- Meticulous, hands-on and ability to multi-task in a dynamic / fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Knowledge in SQL Accounting System is an added advantage.