Chief Financial Officer
SingaporeSee All Positions
goGame is looking for a dynamic CFO to take our company and mission to the next level. The CFO will serve as a key member of the executive team and is a key architect of the company’s financial operations and funding strategy as the company passionately grows its product offering in existing geographies and adds new growth markets. You will partner with management and the Board of Directors to assess the company’s funding needs, drive a coherent strategy on the use of the company’s funds and serve as a broad strategic partner on all operational and regulatory matters.
The CFO role is responsible for delivering valuable business analysis as well as defining and reporting valuable metrics that lead to insightful business decision-making and effective execution. You will also build out and lead the finance function as we scale. This is an executive-level role and will handle accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, liquidity strategy and tax reporting. The role will report directly to the CEO.
- Regularly assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy for growth
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO/Investors and make actionable recommendations on strategy
- Assist in establishing yearly corporate objectives
- Lead long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company’s strategic plan
- Development of short-term and long-term strategies for managing liquidity, with future funding rounds, debt facilities, new country launches and foreign exchange moves, among others, as key inputs
- Optimization of company capital structure
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by country (vs. budget)
- Complete analysis of financial results; develop recommendations (strategic and tactical)
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., new country expansion
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports
- Prepare ad hoc analysis needed for the CEO, Board and Investors
- 8+ years experience building and running accounting/finance teams, with at least 3 years in an executive role
- Previous experience in gaming or tech preferred
- Experience leading a finance team and company through Series C and beyond financings and/or through an IPO
- Strong financial modeling, budgeting, valuation, financial analysis and deal structuring experience
- Knowledge and background in SFRS, GAAP and Japanese is preferred.
- Experience handling multiple entities
- Experience working in a public listed company
- A strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree from a top university is a plus, but our client cares more about track-record and skill than pedigree.
- Experience with multi-currency accounting, ideally in emerging markets
- Familiarity with foreign exchange risks and mitigates
- Experience working in fast-growing, dynamic environments and can easily adapt to change and re-prioritize
- CPA, CFA, or MBA
- The resourcefulness to work with constructively with the CEO