System Engineer (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
MalaysiaSee All Positions
goGame is looking for a System Engineer who will be responsible for the daily system administration, monitoring, support and maintenance, backup, recovery and servicing of the company servers and network. The goal is to work with project owners, DevOps and game development team to maximize service level uptime, reliable performance and game services availability to all users.
Your go-Getting Mission
- You will work with project owners, DevOps and game development team to understand the project requirements, design, implement and maintain the IT infrastructure for the project.
- You will conduct installation, configuration, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of development, staging and production environment, including server hardware and software, network and IT infrastructure.
- You will provide system support including server procurement or sizing, networking requirements, user account management, access control and remote access to the system.
- You will monitor system and network performance, provide availability and security management.
- You will ensure disaster recovery plan and strategy are in place for all critical systems.
- You will work with the team to optimize new policy, procedure and workflow for current systems and new projects to ensure seamless continuity.
- You will manage inventory, maintenance contracts, vendor communication and upkeep all documentation
- You will ensure all hardware and software comply with organization and industry standards.
- Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, or equivalent.
- Experience in system administration and management, certification is a plus.
- Experience in network administration and management, certification is a plus.
- Experience in Linux/Unix, high availability and redundancy, Open Source tools and scripting.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Docker container service is a plus.
- Experience in Database software: relational, NoSQL, Caching and Data Warehousing.
- Able to manage project, technical documentation and organize resources to deliver critical timelines.
- Experience in a mobile gaming industry or mobile technology is a big plus.
- A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A fast learner in new technology.
- Strong analytical skills.